Monday, February 20, 2006

Inner city vs. Outer city

I watched the move Tupac: Resurrection on the weekend. I really enjoyed the movie. One thing that I didn't really like was the fact that they made Tupac look like some kind of superhero, I will agree that he had a lot of good things to say, I just thought that it was a little much. One comment that he made was the inner city should be called the Outer city because they are excluded and are considered outcasts by society, as opposed to those who live in the burbs and would be considered the in crowd (hence the inner/outer city). It's funny with today's youth, particularily the suburban youth who dress, act, talk like people in the ghetto, yet they would most likely never set foot in the hood. A large portion of hip hop record sales are to rich white kids. It's real interesting how hip hop is influencing our culture. The more and more that I learn the more intrigued I am.

No comments: