Monday, February 27, 2006

Random Thoughts

The Olympics have now come and gone once again. I was really proud of the Canadian team this year, they did fantastic. Canada's best ever showing at a winter games. Aside from men's hockey I think the Canadian's looked really good. What was interesting was that Canada led in fourth place finishes as well, this could be a good thing in 2010 in Vancouver. Nhl starts up tommorrow night. I have to say that I am a bit bummed because my Canucks are in tough, losing two of their top four defenseman. This is not good considering that Ed Jovanovski is still out. I'm not sure what Dave Nonis will do as the trade deadline is coming up in a week or so. At the beginning of the year I was really hopeful about the Canucks chances at a cup run, but that was quickly put to rest with all the injuries we have sustained, not to mention the lack of production from the "top line". I have no problem with Marcus Naslund, since he has been hurt much of the year and still has produced. Bertuzzi and Morrison on the other hand have looked uninspired through much of the year. Bertuzzi I acn understand but Morrison has not looked good.
Had a really good weekend with my family. Being a dad becomes more fun all the time. I love spending time with my son. He's Rad. God has been very good. I have seen him work an awful lot lately, which has been really cool. God is working in the hearts of the young men that I work with at the Bridge on 20th, which is a fellowship center located in the inner city. I am excited what God is going to do in their lives. Praise God - He is worthy.

No comments: