Thursday, October 05, 2006

God Appointments!


Hey all. Canucks 3 Red Wings 1, enough said! Anyway, yesterday I was on 20th street putting up some missing person posters and handing out cards in the neighborhood advertising our thing at the Bridge. On my way to work I spent the time in the car in prayer. I felt quite connected to the Lord and I had prayed that God would use me somehow, someway. I have been feeling a little discouraged with what I do, was hoping that God would show me he is still working and that what I do isn't a waste of time. Pretty much as soon as I got out of my car I ran into Cody. Cody is a buddy that I met through family services. I was his mentor for about 3-4 months before he fell off the map. Cody has overcome Crystal Meth, but still lives in chaos. I asked him how it was going, he said he was not doing well. To make a long story short, there is no doubt that this meeting was by accident. Cody poured his heart out to me, I have never seen Cody like that before. I was glad that I could be there for him. Praise God. I believe that he has big things for Cody. My prayer is that Cody would not get sucked in by the world, and by those who only want to use him.

1 comment:

Ray and Lisa said...

Wow, that is super rad! We pray that God would continue to use you in Cody's life.